With so many senior living options to choose from, how can you know what is right for you? Schooner Cove is part of a complete continuum of care through the LincolnHealth – Miles Campus and MaineHealth.
Which senior living option is right for you?
Home Health Care
MaineHealth Care at Home is right for you if …
- You are recovering from an illness or injury and have spent time as an inpatient in a hospital or skilled care setting.
- Your physician is confident you will be OK at home with some extra help.
- You need assistance with only a few tasks or need to see a nurse/therapist at home as you recover.
- Your difficulties with activities of daily living are only temporary.
Independent Senior Living
Independent Living at Schooner Cove Retirement Community is right for you if …
- You are ready to enjoy your retirement years doing what you want to do, without the hassles and chores associated with home ownership.
- You have considered how you would like to live this exciting next chapter of your life, and have explored your available options.
- You prefer to live in a ‘community’ for the lifestyle and friendships it provides.
- You enjoy socialization and the social/cultural programs.
- You like the security and health care access of living in a community.
Assisted Living at Chase Point is right for you if …
- You need more assistance with personal care, medication management, cooking, cleaning, or transportation.
- If you are experiencing forgetfulness to the point where living alone is beginning to be a safety concern.
- If you need health care services on regular basis.
- You are recovering from an illness or just finished a hospital visit or stay at a skilled rehabilitation facility and are looking for temporary assistance to ensure a successful recovery before going home.
- You are looking for a warm and safe place to live during the winter months, but want to return home in the spring. Short-term monthly rentals are available.
Skilled Rehabilitation Care
Skilled Care at Cove’s Edge is right for you if …
- You are recovering from an illness, injury, or a surgical procedure such as a joint replacement.
- You need rehabilitation therapies, such as physical, occupational, or speech therapy services.
- Your physician expects you to return home but believes you aren’t yet ready.
Memory Care at Riverside is right for you if …
- You suffer from memory loss and your family is concerned.
- If you need a great deal of assistance with the activities of daily living.
- If you struggle with staying oriented to time or place.
- If you struggle with social interactions.
Long-Term Care at Cove’s Edge is right for you if …
- You are unable to perform most activities of daily living.
- You need medically complex, 24-7 medical care.
- You can no longer live independently.
- You need help or supervision during meals.
- You have experienced a life-altering event such as a stroke or hip fracture.
Hospice Care (MaineHealth Care at Home)
- Hospice care provides comfort and support for people who are terminally ill. A major component of hospice is also providing support for the families and loved ones of the terminally ill patient. While most hospice is provided in the home setting, there are inpatient hospice facilities as well.
Need help choosing the senior living option that is right for you? Call 207-563-5523 for more information.