Is Schooner Cove Right for You?
With so many retirement communities and senior living options to choose from, how can you know what is right for you? Schooner Cove is part of a complete continuum of care through the Miles Campus, Lincoln Healthcare and MaineHealth.
As an independent living community, Schooner Cove is designed for seniors able to manage the activities of daily living by themselves. Our residents appreciate the peace of mind that comes from knowing additional levels of care are available on the Miles Campus. In addition to independent living at Schooner Cove we provide assisted living at Chase Point, skilled and long term care at Cove’s Edge and memory care at Riverside—all on the same beautiful, inviting campus.
Which senior living option is right for you?
Miles & St. Andrews Home Health is right for you if …
- You are recovering from an illness or injury and has spent time as an inpatient in a hospital or skilled care setting.
- Your physician is confident they will be OK at home with some extra help.
- You need assistance with only a few tasks or need to see a nurse/therapist at home as you recover.
- Your difficulties with activities of daily living are only temporary.
Independent Living at Schooner Cove is right for you if …
- You require assistance with very few activities of daily living (home and personal care) but might enjoy the option of having some of those things provided for you.
- You have considered how you would like to live this exciting next chapter of your life, and have explored your available options.
- You prefer to live in a ‘community’ for the lifestyle and friendships it provides.
- You enjoy socialization and the social/cultural programs.
- You don’t want the hassles and chores associated with home ownership.
- You like the security and health care access of living in a community.
Assisted Living at Chase Point, is right for you if …
- You need more assistance with personal care, medication management, cooking, cleaning, or transportation.
- If you are experiencing forgetfulness to the point where living alone is beginning to be a safety concern.
- If you need health care services on regular basis.
Skilled Care at Cove’s Edge is right for you if …
- You are recovering from an illness, an injury, or a surgical procedure such as a joint replacement.
- You need rehabilitation therapies.
- Your physician expects you to return home but believes you aren’t yet ready.
Memory Care at Riverside is right for you if …
- You suffer from memory loss and your family is concerned.
- If you need a great deal of assistance with the activities of daily living.
- If you struggle with staying oriented to time or place.
- If you struggle with social interactions.
Long-Term Care at Cove’s Edge is right for you if …
- You are unable to perform most activities of daily living.
- You need medically complex, 24-7 medical care.
- They can no longer live independently.
- You need help or supervision during meals.
- You have experienced a life-altering event such as a stroke or hip fracture.
Hospice Care (St. Andrews Home Health & Hospice)
- Hospice care provides comfort and support for people who are terminally ill. A major component of hospice is also providing support for the families and loved ones of the terminally ill patient. While most hospice is provided in the home setting, there are inpatient hospice facilities as well.
Need help choosing the senior living option that is right for you? Call (207) 563-5523 to schedule your personal tour today.