Enjoy the Amenities of Independent Living at Schooner Cove
You deserve it
Retirement is the time to treat yourself to the very best—Schooner Cove.
- Shingle-style architecture, soaring ceilings and enormous expanses of glass make the most of our extraordinary waterfront location. Schooner Cove has all the comfort of a classic Maine inn and all the luxury of a contemporary hotel.
- Dine on fresh, local flavors in our elegant dining room and terrace overlooking the Damariscotta River. Our residents say “It’s like having a reservation at your favorite restaurant every night.”
- Relax, socialize or enjoy a good book in our handsomely appointed library.
- Come home to your one- or two-bedroom apartment
One and two bedroom riverview and inland apartments include owner equity, exceptional cuisine, housekeeping services, scheduled activities, and maintenance. Some of the finest amenities are the Schooner Cove residents themselves, who enrich the community with their broad experiences and diverse lifestyles.
Celebrate Your Life
Retirement is the time to rediscover your zest for life.
- Classes and lectures are offered regularly, and area musicians and actors perform at Schooner Cove throughout the year. Down the road in Damariscotta you’ll find theaters, libraries, concerts and more.
- Volunteer in the Twin Villages of Damariscotta and Newcastle, Maine and give others the benefit of your rich life experiences.
- Ramble our walking trails, take a moonlight cruise or take up golf. The YMCA offers year round tennis and workout opportunities, and seasonal golfing, boating, fishing, hiking, camping, and skiing can be found nearby.
- Get to know your neighbors at Schooner Cove and make new wonderful new friends as you enjoy new pursuits.
There’s no need to worry about day to day concerns like housekeeping, yard maintenance, and health care access. Schooner Cove takes care of all those responsibilities.
- Thorough cleaning of every apartment and timely maintenance, repairs and groundskeeping provides every resident with a clean, secure home.
- Put away the snowblower and snow shovels and appreciate the beauty of a Maine winter. Glittering, snow-mantled lawns, ice sparkling along the river’s edge, a clean bright world of white and blue—and you, cozy by the fire, with nothing to do but appreciate it.
- Our professional staff are eager to make you feel at home. From listening to our member council to special requests to our chef, we are at your service and dedicated to making you feel at home.
Experience the amenities for yourself. Call us at (207) 563-5523 for available apartments today.